Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Sickness, stress, and love

So I am finally over the pneumonia!!! Woohoo!!! If only the doctor had taken care of me the first time I went in maybe the stressed part wouldn't be!!!

I missed a whole week of school from being sick.... the 3rd nine weeks just ended, and last week was Spring Break... Those 2 events mean 1)report cards and 2)lesson plans. My report cards are due tomorrow afternoon, so I came home after school today thinking I could work on them from home, right? WRONG!!!! I have tried to log in 5,000,000 times and each time it won't work... it goes right back to the log in screen!!!!!!! So now I am going to have to somehow finish them tomorrow morning because there is no way I am leaving my house right now to go back up to school to finish them. When i got to school this morning, I had no idea what I was going to do with my students. I basically gave them busy work all day just so that I could get through the piles of papers on my desk from the week I was out. I am definitely not a "busy work" kind of teacher. I also got a new student today from England. I felt horrible just giving the kids busy work... I don't want her to think I am a boring teacher, but I also had to get things ready for her!

On a lighter note, I spent the last 4 days in Tupelo, Mississippi... the birthplace of Elvis Presley. My cousin got married and I was a bridesmaid. The wedding was wonderful and they were so happy and in love! I love watching 2 people in love... What I love more than that, however, is watching my husband watch people in love. On our wedding day, when I walked down the aisle, my husband's face was TO DIE FOR! His nostrils got all flaired up as he tried to contain the tears, letting a few slip by and softly fall down his face. Ever since that day, whenever we are at a wedding and he watches people take their vows before God, family, and friends, his nostrils do the same thing and he tries his hardest to contain the tears... If you know my husband, you know this is not a typical characteristic of his personality. So I am standing up in the front with my cousin and I look over at him only to see the nostrils are flairing, and he looks at me, smiles, and mouths "I love you." How sweet is he??? Everytime we are at a wedding, he thinks about our wedding day!!!

So, when I think about the last 2 weeks and the stress I am feeling right now, I am comforted by the fact that I have a wonderful family and a loving husband.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOD! Really? Jimmy? WOW! That's really cool. Sounds like you guys had a great time. We want to come by very soon to see you!!! :)))