Sunday, September 23, 2007

Wonderful Weekend!

This weekend was a BLAST! My brother Ryan, sister-in-law Stephanie, niece Layci and nephew Brady came to town. (Hunter and Savannah stayed at home, so I was sad I didn't get to see them.) It was my brother's first time seeing mine and James' house! They brought up PJ's furniture and James and Ry got it all in the room just where I wanted it and then put his crib together! Nanny got us our bassinet so James got that all ready, too! It was so nice to be able to just spend some time with them! We stayed up late on Friday watching KNOCKED UP (hilarious movie... it's one of those you can watch over and over again) and then Saturday night we stayed up until 1:30 AM just chatting away. No TV, no other distractions... just some great conversation between the 4 of us. It really made James and I realize even more how important it is for our family to be close. Only a few more years in Tally and we are definitely moving south.
Stephanie helped me decorate for Halloween and James and I finished up the last few things this afternoon. I took about a 3 hour nap after they left this morning, and then we went to Walmart and did a few things in little man's room...
So here is the outcome of the weekend of work on PJ's room. We still have alot to do, but it is all coming together so nicely!


(Along with the palm tree in the corner, I am in the process of finding a personalized chair for him and making it like his own deserted island... I have a vision in my head so I hope it turns out they way I am picturing it!!!!)

2 comments:

Kacy said...

Wow, Steph! The room is really coming along nicely. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the palm tree and "deserted island" in the corner. That is awesome. Even a little bean bag chair would be cool :) I love how the top of the room is blue--reminds me of the sky. Can't wait to see the finished product!! And, can we see some pics of the house all Halloween-decked out?? :)

Sheena/H2Mommy said...

I just LOVE the room. He is gonna be one lucky little swash-buckler! ::hehe::

I went to get out my Halloween things today and I realized all I have is one wreath, a ceramic pumpkin candle holder, and a plug in pumpkin for outside. I need to get something else...it's too boring. ::hehe::