Monday, January 17, 2011

Dear PJ and Addisyn...

How do I love you? Let me count the ways...
PJ- I love you for:
* the way you run screaming "Mama" and jump into my arms when I pick you up from school each day.
* the way you make me smile when you tell me something new- or say some word that I didn't even know you knew and you use it correctly in a sentence. For example, like the other night while trying to stand up on the foot rest of the couch I told you to be careful and get down so you wouldn't fall and you told me, "I won't Mama. Trust Me!"
* your infectious laugh
* the times you want to rub noses
* having me read the same book over and over as you say the words along with me
* the way you adore your baby sister who you often call your brother
* the way you love to run around in your underwear and beanie cap when we are at home
* when you sneak in my bed in the middle of the night to snuggle
* the times that you only want mommy, even though sometimes I know it hurts your daddy's feelings
* when we do something you are really excited about and you say, "Oh thank you mommy!"
* your love of life and all things boy-ish
* your ability to make me smile like no one else can
* making me a mommy

Addisyn- I love you for:
* your gummy smile
* the way you smile at your brother
* your giggle when you watch your brother play (knowing how much you wish to play with him)
* the way you stick your butt up in the air when you sleep
* your drooly kisses
* the way you smile in your sleep
* the times you wake up in the middle of the night and it's just us
* the way you breathe when I pick you up after you get really upset
* the way you bury your head in my shoulder to cuddle
* your teeny tiny feet
* the way you coo and laugh when you play with your toys
* your big brown eyes
* when your eyes light up when I pick you up each afternoon

I am so lucky to have been blessed with a son and daughter like you... When I feel like my heart is so full of love it may burst, you both show me that it certainly has room for more. I love you forever and a day...

Love, Mommy
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: