Monday, December 12, 2011

My Baby Boy is 4!!!

Seems like just yesterday I was pregnant and posing in front of the Christmas tree, waiting on our baby boy to arrive!
In a blink of an eye, you were in my arms.
The time has flown by way too fast, and I am certain that it will continue to do so...

I really wanted to start this post out by sharing a picture from each birthday up until now, especially since I haven't done a good job at blogging each party.

The day he was born- 12/12/07- 5:08 pm- He weighed 7 lbs. 2 oz. and was 19.5 inches long. You can see more about the day he was born here.
1st Birthday party- We celebrated in Disney at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. We had a small Winnie the Pooh themed party with our family the next day at the hotel. 



 2nd Birthday- We had a monkey themed party at our old house in Woodville. 

 3rd Birthday- We had a Cars themed party at Ollie Wallies Fun Center- one of our favorite places to go, which is now closed.
4th Birthday- We had a Transformer themed party at our new house in Buck Lake. You can see the post for this party here.

These days, PJ loves everything Transformer. He is big into doing things as a family. He adores his sister, and she adores him. He loves playing with his classmates at The Preschool at Evening Rose. He is in the Preschool classroom, and will start VPK in the Fall. His teacher, Ms. Arielle, is the BEST! He talks about her all the time, and she has taught him so much. He loves playing with his cousins and friends outside of school. He loves to be outdoors, but also enjoys snuggling up on the couch to watch a movie. He can count to twenty, and further if you help him at each ten (thirty, forty, fifty). He is also counting in Spanish, and recognizes most letters. We have been working on sounds, too. He knows how to spell and write PJ, and he can spell Patrick with a little bit of help. He can tell you his full name, his address, and the city and state he lives in. When you try to tell him about something we are going to be doing another day, he runs through the whole day for you... ( I go to sleep, wake up, go to school, you pick me up, and then we go to Disney!) He loves singing and dancing, and his dance moves are pretty interesting, to say the least!

Betsy, one of my dearest friends, gave me the idea (which she got from someone else) to ask the same 20 questions every year on his birthday. I thought it was such a great idea, because it gives a true picture of exactly who he is and what he loves during this stage.
Here are his answers:

1. What is your favorite color?  Blue
2. What is your favorite toy?  Bumblebee the Transformer and Optimus Prime
3. What is your favorite fruit?  Apples
4. What is your favorite tv show?  Spongebob
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch?  pizza
6. What is your favorite outfit?  Cars movie pajamas
7. What is your favorite game?  Mario and Weegee (Luigi)
8. What is your favorite snack?  Cheez-Its
9. What is your favorite animal?  Tiger (LOL)
10. What is your favorite song?  "Life is a Highway"- from Cars the movie
11. What is your favorite book? The Elf on the Shelf
12. Who is your best friend?  Brady, Layci, and Daddy
13. What is your favorite movie?  Cars 
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside?  Play cars
15. What is your favorite drink?  Juice box
16. What is your favorite holiday?  Halloween
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Tigger
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?  Pancakes
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday?  Chick-fil-A
20. What do you want to be when you grow up?  Be a Dad like my Daddy (how SWEET is that?!?)


Thank you, Betsy, for getting these great shots of PJ!
My sweet PJ, 
Before you were born, I dreamed of what it would be like to have a child, a son. You have far exceeded any expectation that I ever had. You bring me constant joy. We have laughed, cried, danced, sang, and spun in circles until we fell dizzy to the floor. It is obvious to everyone who meets you, that you are a lovable little man who is full of life. I hope you never lose the spark you have in your eyes, or your amazement at the world around you. I love how you always wonder why and ask questions. You will always be my baby boy, no matter how "bigger and bigger like Daddy" you get. Always remember how much you love your baby sister, and continue to protect her and love her (even when you think you may not like her at all), just like you have until now. No matter what you do, you will always make me proud. In 4 years, you have taught me the true meaning of what living life to the fullest is all about! I try to better myself everyday because of you. 


Rocky-Do, my sweet baby boy. I love you to the moon and back!


Love, Mommy <3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made me tear up!!!! Love you Steph (and PJ too!!!) Happy Happy Birthday! Love, Winsey and Jonny!

mowisa said...

This is very beautiful! PJ you are a wonderful little boy who brings happiness to those you meet each day. Happy Birthday love Mowisa and Poppa